Call for Papers: International Review of Human Rights Law
The International Review of Human Rights Law is an annual, online, open-access and peer-reviewed law journal with ISSN 2455-8648. The journal accepts original scholarly works on all human rights issues by practitioners, academics and students. The works can be in the form of articles, essays, case notes, book reviews and responses. The journal encourages a comparative and empirical analysis of relevant and pressing human rights issues.
The journal invites submissions for its Fourth Issue themed on the “Human Rights and Refugee Crisis”. The issue will be released in May 2019. The last date of submission is 5 March 2019. Please find below a list of indicative sub-themes. Please note that the list is not exhaustive and author(s) are free to submit papers that come within the theme of the issue.
a. The Socio-political scenarios in the countries from which refugees are emerging and the human rights violation leading to their displacement.
b. The policies of the host countries towards refugees together with the factors responsible for the same.
c. The principle of non – refoulement.
d. Role of institutions in protection of refugees.
e. Violence faced by refugee women and children.
f. Rights of Refugees vis-a-vis the Law of Sea.
g. Post and De-colonial perspectives on European refugee crisis.
h. Impact of refugees on economy of host countries and its spillover impact on economies of other countries.
IRHRL Submission Guidelines1. Submissions must be made via email. Please send your manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Use Times New Roman as font theme, 12 as font size and 1.5 line spacing. For footnotes use Times New Roman as font theme, 10 as font size and single spacing.
3. The submissions can be in the form of Articles, Essays, Case Notes, Book Reviews and Responses to scholarly works published in law reviews or books.
4. Length of Submissions (inclusive of footnotes):
Article – 5000 – 10000 words
Essay - 3500 – 5000 words
Case Note – 2500 – 3000 words
Book Review – 2000 – 3500 words
Response – 3000 – 3500 words
5. All submissions must include four to six keywords and an abstract of 250 words in total. The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter containing academic qualifications and affiliations of the author(s)/authors in brief.
6. Authorship of papers is limited to two authors. Name of the author(s) must not be provided in the submissions. The journal accepts Bluebook (20th edition) for citation style.
7. The submissions should be made in MS Word format (.doc). The submissions must not infringe copyright or any other rights of any third parties.
8. The submissions must not contain any obscene, defamatory or discriminatory material. The author(s) will indemnify the journal in case of any infringement.
IRHRL Review Process1. The Editorial Board will promptly acknowledge the receipt of the submissions. Decision on acceptance of the submissions will be communicated to the author(s) within 15 days from the date of submissions.
2. The Editorial Board will review submissions carefully on the criteria of scope, content, structure, research, analysis, creativity, accomplishment of the paper’s purpose and inclusion of counter-arguments in the submissions.
3. The submissions will be rejected if plagiarized. All communications will be through email only.